This site provides links, discussions, and ideas that will help students succeed in an independent study program.
What makes IS hard?
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Student Discussion
If you are an independent study student this is the place for you to share with teachers and students the challenges you face and the tips you've discovered to help you survive!
Challenges I face are mainly the offlines. The onlines I can finish, but what's really slowing me down are the offlines. Tips I would probably give are don't skip modules and ask a teacher for help. Believe it or not I've seen some students not ask for help and they're struggling on one module for a week.
I totally agree with that person, offlines do slow us down a bit more maybe beacuse when we ask for help the teachers may sometimes take to long so we just move on to something else. Which leaves more work to be done.
i think the main challenge is that you have to learn things on your own instead of a teacher helping you with every step... i think classrooms are easer to understand but independent studies goes at a faster rate
I think one of the main struggles is taking tests online. When you take a test in class, you get your test back with the questions you got wrong marked so that you can easily see what you got wrong and ask why it was incorrect. Taking tests online, you can't see the questions you got wrong, so you can't defend your answer choice or learn from your mistakes. I usually make note of the questions I thought were hard so that if I got any wrong I can ask about the ones I thought were tricky!
Challenges I face are mainly the offlines. The onlines I can finish, but what's really slowing me down are the offlines. Tips I would probably give are don't skip modules and ask a teacher for help. Believe it or not I've seen some students not ask for help and they're struggling on one module for a week.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with that person, offlines do slow us down a bit more maybe beacuse when we ask for help the teachers may sometimes take to long so we just move on to something else. Which leaves more work to be done.
ReplyDeleteFor me the Essays for the english course are extremly boring and theres alot of them. I personally hate writing essays and i suck at it.
ReplyDeletei think the main challenge is that you have to learn things on your own instead of a teacher helping you with every step... i think classrooms are easer to understand but independent studies goes at a faster rate
ReplyDeleteI think one of the main struggles is taking tests online. When you take a test in class, you get your test back with the questions you got wrong marked so that you can easily see what you got wrong and ask why it was incorrect. Taking tests online, you can't see the questions you got wrong, so you can't defend your answer choice or learn from your mistakes. I usually make note of the questions I thought were hard so that if I got any wrong I can ask about the ones I thought were tricky!
ReplyDelete